Thursday, January 23, 2014

Magazine Cover Designs



Purpose:
  • To use knowledge and tools of Photoshop, along with conceptual design to create a magazine cover for a fictitious magazine.
Refection:

One important concept I learned about magazine cover design is to reveal the magazine’s content in a way that makes it jump off the shelf. Meaning make it something to remember and make the readers keep coming back for more. It’s important to reach your readers through having something special about your magazine that they can’t get from just any ordinary magazine. Another important concept I learned about is having a text that fits with your topic and picture. If you pick random colors that don’t fit with your idea then you won’t have any readers because they won’t understand what your magazine is about and why it’s special. That’s why I picked red, green, and black for my magazine. Mine is Christmas themed so I need to get the point across that mine is about Christmas. Another concept I learned is placing emphasis: backgrounds, bolds, italics, etc. I made my fonts different and made some bold and something in cursive which spiced up my cover a little more than just having a nice picture in the background. It’s important to make the lettering pop or just look cool for you to capture the eyes of the readers you want. Word choice and all is important to get the attention of someone that needs something new in their lives.

I believe my Magazine Cover design deserves a 3.5. I believe my design deserves a 3.5 because it is well planned, the point is clear, nice placing of letters, color choice, and picture is very understanding. I believe that my magazine cover is unique and has all the fundamental requirements of any magazine. It’s always been one of my dreams to write an article in a magazine about Christmas such as; the does and don’ts. It this was such a great project that I got to do something I’ve always wanted to do. I think someone would pick up my magazine and say it would be something to remember for next Christmas and would love to see the next edition. A 3.5 would be a good grade for mine since it’s simple, memorable, timeless, versatile, an appropriate.






No comments:

Post a Comment