Thursday, January 23, 2014

Positive & Negative Space Carved Pumpkins




Purpose:

  • To use problem-solving skills and knowledge of positive and negative space to create a unique design on the surface of a pumpkin and with carving a pumpkin
Reflection: 

I want to start off with the challenges of this design because there were a few that made this assignment particularly difficult. First problem I encountered with making my design was the marker smudged and made it difficult to see where I had and hadn’t cut yet. Another problem was my pumpkin was to thick and it took me a half hour to cut off the top and then another half hour cleaning the pumpkin out. Last problem that occurred was the design I chose for my big pumpkin. I didn’t realize till it was too late that my design caused the eye patch area to be to thin and then skull sagged back. Nevertheless I used toothpicks to keep my design steady which made my design look good again. The successes of my project began with the design I chose. At least I thought my design I chose was easier than most. That’s what I had thought. However another positive was I didn’t give up on my design and I stuck to it till the very end and it turned out to be a success for me.This assignment allowed me to work on positive and negative space such as which area would be best for what part of the skull. I found that the little pumpkin design was much easier and I had so much more success on it than my large pumpkin. I would recommend this project to anyone to do and if you want a challenge then do this one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment